Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"In times of stress be bold and valiant" - Horace

Christmas is in full swing, which as most know about me, is fantastic as I love the holidays!
I am trying not to let everything going on both before and after the holidays taint my enthusiasm while Henry has his last eye stent removed on the 21st. It is good to finally be rid of the stents but he needs to be put under, not so good. But he will be all done with the darn eye things after this:)
Eliot's big surgery is looming but Boston Children's Hospital sent us quite a substantial preview and we have a pre-op date that will last hours apparently to discuss all the stuff involved.
I have to admit that I have a bit of a cry every now and then to release all of the internalized worry and stress. Sometimes I just feel as though I need somewhere to put it all and I don't want to worry my own family. Hmmmm, I feel as though this is a bit of a mom thing, no?
I have taken up "Zumba" at our local Ymca and I think that helps, as does the sauna and steam room.
When the chips are down I tend to "circle-the-wagons" and keep my head down, I am trying to juggle - more like balance, all the hard with some of the joy of this time of year. Mostly I try to quiet my mind so that I can relax for a moment and breathe.
When Henry approached me with his plastic pink cup saying, "Coffee? Hot?" this morning it was really, really hard not to just be so happy that I have these two boys in my life - wait three boys, Matt is pretty awesome these days:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My wagon's working really well these days, I'll bring it around.

Love you loads and loads and oh my I want a coffee from Eli.

Unknown said...

Hey Rach,
Enjoy this wintery time. You probably have some snow to accompany the Xmas spirit. Here it is warm and very wet! Keep positive things close to you in preparing for the days ahead. Your kids will be looking to you for courage for comfort. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. If you ever uncover that secret place to dump the emotional fear please let me know. I could use a release too.
Sending much courage and love,
Lara

Rachel said...

You guys are awesome...@Stephie, your wagon is super and always has been. @ Lara - How are you? We should chat:) Thanks for your thoughts and words:)
R