Friday, December 17, 2010

Fa, La, La, La...Crafty Craft:)







Yeah! I am friggin' crafty Caroline, cookin' Claudia, glittering Gladys - well, you get the idea:) I have ( and by I, I really mean Matt and I ) got Christmas done - inexpensively and quite beautifully if I may say so. With our limited resources this year we decided to go for the "handmade" gifts. I know, you are thinking badly knitted things and hokey religious mangers out of popsicle sticks - no, no my friends.

Be prepared to be amazed and astounded:

Numero 1, Ze Paper Ornaments :
Made them with the kids using construction paper and basically anything red coloured! We tore up the paper, put it in the
blender with some water, and
formed them into shapes using cookie cutters. Then bake, voila!






Here is the link for the instructions:

The next thing we
made were rainbow crayons. I truly love this one. We melted crayon bits in muffin tins mixing gorgeous colours
together and popped them out in a round shape. Awesome for kids, fun for adults to make!

This one we are doing again!:


And of course we did the cookie thing, Martha Stuart cookies this year a la cocoa ganache, oh, excuse me:) The kids made the roll cookies with us, they mostly wanted to eat everything. It was really a lot of fun:)


I bought some little things form Target and put it all together with some tissue and love, check it out:




Love it,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays:)












No comments: