Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Grand Tour...

I think we have reached the bleak portion of the winter, ugh, January. Our entire house has been to the hospital, or hospitals really in the last while. This hospital visiting is not helping the mood around here at all. Henry at MEEI, Matt at Cambridge and me at Whidden and Somerville for ridiculous injuries; my eye being poked. Really, no kidding, Henry poked me square in the old eyeball and it really hurt. As it turns out I have a corneal abrasion: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/corneal_abrasion/article_em.htm
It looks as though I am all clear, 'cept for some ointment, it's okay.
Eliot is healing well physically, he appears to be a little troubled about anyone messing with him: diaper changes, face washing, hair washing, brushing etc. We know that he has some sensory issues and I will be keeping a close eye to make sure he is doing okay.
Matt is still looking for work and we have been job searching together, he has been applying all over the place. We are keeping fingers crossed that something comes to fruition, Matt is so talented and a wonderful teacher anyone would be lucky to have him. I know, I know, but it's true.
The kids and I have been going to the " Y " to get the lead out and get the sillies out a bit. I am looking forward to warmer weather when we can go the park and enjoy outside. But I am grateful for all the friends and support that we have here in Malden.
Looking at the two corn cakes makes me proud to be their mom, they are so amazing.

1 comment:

Matt F. said...

And reading your blog makes me proud to be their dad. & your husband.