Friday, July 29, 2011

"If we cannot teach beasts to speak, we can at least learn silence from them." - Ivan Panin

What's that I hear? Wait, nothing at all - the slow whir of cars passing outside, the wind in the trees, a distant siren. For our house it is practically tomb-like. Normally we hear the yelling of our teenage boy next door and the never ending thud, thud, thud of his basketball, the wailing firetrucks tearing down the street from the fire station down the way, the NO. NO. NO ing of our own little balls of chaos...and suddenly, nothing. Ahhhhhhh, sleeping boys and soon to be rain. I am beginning to like this silence.
Our days have been chalk full of early intervention visits, soon to be three times a week including a play group we have been invited to attend. Matt is working hard at his job and has even managed to pick up some extra hours doing private classes through his school. I am gearing up for my EMT classes and thinking of how I am going to juggle everything. The boys, homework, night school, all the stuff I do everyday. It seems a little daunting to try to balance it all. We also have the May Institute follow up appointment coming up and I am anxious to see what the testing yielded, anxious is probably not the right word, chomping at the bit? Eliot's language is coming along beautifully, his social skills are still a little shaky as well as his sensory issues ( read: still no swimming or water play) . We could really use some help and support.
I also got my permanent resident visa appointment scheduled where they do my "biometrics" meaning fingerprinting, retina scanning, etc. I always feel uncomfortable in those small, sterile offices with terribly cold and business like people measuring and monitoring me. Hopefully it'll do it for a while. Nothing beats them measuring my pregnant belly...seriously!
I suppose it is time I wake up the Chiclets, um mm, so nice though to enjoy the silence for just another wee minute.

No comments: