Friday, August 6, 2010

Good things and in between things

Well baby visit went well- in other words, the babies are indeed well! Henry and Eliot, Unka and I went to the doc's yesterday and did the whole weight, height percentiles and shots. Good, good and good. Pheewww, Matt and I used to break it down into basics when our 4 pound premies were home with us, "We did not kill the babies today,". Thankfully it seems that the boys are living and yes, thriving. Henry boasts a 21 pound weight and Eliot tops him at almost 23 pounds. I love that part of the doctor visit when the little humans begin to look like people, like little men. I still marvel at how Matt and I were able to do such a fantastic and miraculous thing. We still laugh sometimes in the night and say, " We have kids in that room, how crazy is that?" . Truthfully, it really is a trip!
Our little Eliot has some weird kidney things that need to be fixed surgically. Next week we will figure out the timeline for all of this, as well as Henry's tear duct thing. I could be a spokeswoman for MGH, I should volunteer as I think I know that hospital wayyyy too well. For now, I am thinking good clean thoughts. THoughts that are good for a friday afternoon, that sit nicely in the sun and the gorgeous wind.
Matt went to his interview at UMass and all looks good. I am putting good energy out there - My besty Gigi would say, "Put that out in the universe..." You can, too. In fact, do, any little bit helps.

No comments: